Hair Extensions require a lot of love and care so here’s some tips to keep your extensions looking their best!
- Use a soft bristle brush to brush your extensions when they are dry and use a wide tooth comb on your hair when it’s wet. Brush your hair carefully and hold your extensions at the bonded area to avoid unnecessary tension on the bonds.
- We recommend washing your hair twice a week and to use a dry shampoo in between washes to keep hair fresh and clean.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging your hair while washing as this can cause tangling/matting, you should stroke the shampoo and conditioner in a downwards direction carefully.
- Avoid applying conditioner on to the bonds as this can weaken the bond.
- Use warm water when washing your hair, if the water is too hot then this could melt your bonds.
- Use a conditioning treatment once a week to keep your hair extensions silky smooth.
- Avoid washing hair over the bath, keep extensions in a downward direction and avoid tying hair up in a towel when wet, carefully pat dry with a towel and then blow dry your hair.
- Use a hair dryer on a low to medium heat setting and dry the bonded area first. Using a hair dryer that is too hot will melt the bonds.
- Avoid leaving your hair wet and letting your extensions dry naturally as this can cause tangling/matting to occur.
- You can use heated appliances (hair straighteners/curling tongs) but do not place them on to the bonded area.
- Using heated appliances daily is not good for your hair and should only be used a couple of times a week.
- We recommend to use a heat protection spray to keep extensions from becoming dry or damaged.
Holidays and Sunbed users –
- Wear a hat to protect your hair in the sun and wrap your hair in a towel while using a Sunbed to avoid melting the bonds and damaging your hair.
- Try to avoid letting your extensions get wet by tying your hair up while swimming as the chlorine can weaken the bond. If you get your hair extensions wet then wash your hair straight after.
Dyes / Silver Shampoo –
- We do not recommend using dyes or silver shampoos but if you decide to then we advise to do a strand test first. We do not accept any liability for the hair once it has been coloured.
- Avoid sleeping on hair when wet or tying hair up when wet as this will cause matting. We recommend to thoroughly dry your hair after washing using a low to medium setting on your hair dryer.
- Tie your hair extensions into a loose plait when sleeping to avoid tangling.
Separate bonds regularly to avoid matting at the roots.
Have your hair extensions applied and removed professionally.
Volumize hair extensions will last up to 9 months when used with the correct maintenance and aftercare..